Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Another drought victim...

Driving north on Hwy 287 just north of Decatur on the righthand side of the road is a rest area. There is a huge mimosa tree there that I have enjoyed seeing every spring and summer. It's huge and its blossoms are gorgeous and smell soooo good.



It's branches spread as wide as a tractor trailer truck if not just a little wider. I know these trees aren't supposed to live very long, but this one has been here for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, because of the drought last year...

...this year it isn't quite as pretty. Sadly the drought took its toll on this majestic piece of art.



Some of its branches withstood the struggle of no rain for days. I just don't think it's enough to keep this roadside sentinel alive.



Its days are numbered because I'm sure they'll cut back its branches and leave it deformed and forlorn looking. But I will always remember when it looked like this everytime I drove by it. I knew it was spring and it made me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment