Saturday, December 24, 2011

Austin Fall Beauty...






I was in Austin a couple of weeks ago. While I had time to kill I decided to venture out and see a few of the sights. I wasn't sure where I was going but when I came to Lamar I figured it had to be a main thoroughfare in a city named Austin, so I felt pretty safe with the decision to turn left and cruise for awhile. I came across Sixth Street which I was pretty sure looked quite different at night. Then I came to Riverside and this gorgeous park. There were people and their dogs, Mamas and Daddys and their kids and others just jogging or walking. There was even another photographer taking pictures of the awesome bronze statue of Stevie Ray Vaughn. Although it was a foggy day, the colors of the trees and even the fog on the river made for lovely scenery. The rowing teams were training on the river. The whole experience was very relaxing and I'm glad I got to go. I've never been to Austin to spend any time, but after this trip, I will be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment